In California, false or misleading advertising is against the law.
Claims made by companies need to be grounded in fact, and companies are not allowed to represent products as something they are not in order to lure customers in.
There are hundreds of thousands of products and services that utilize false advertising techniques, including:
- Bait and switch advertising campaigns.
- Products that make a scientific claim based on a falsified, misrepresented, or completely fabricated study.
- Products that claim to help consumers lose weight, get rid of acne, reverse signs of aging, increase testosterone levels, sleep better, and so on.
- Foods that claim to be “all-natural” or “100% organic” even though they are not.
- “Sales” where the original retail price was marked-up to create the appearance of a sale price.
- Product advertisements that make very specific claims, such as an exact percentage of an ingredient.
Marc Phelps works hard to ensure that his clients’ rights are protected and companies are held accountable for their actions. If witness a false advertising claim or you have been lured into purchasing a product or service based upon these types of false advertising claims, contact Marc for a free case evaluation.