Orange County Sexual Harassment Lawyer
California courts take sexual harassment very seriously. Strict laws are in place regarding how companies must handle claims of sexual harassment, and employees have the right to demand that these laws are followed.
Orange County Sexual Harassment Attorney Marc Phelps works hard to ensure that his clients’ rights are protected and companies are held accountable for their actions. Experienced, diligent and skilled, Marc can help you fight for the compensation – and justice – you deserve after being subjected to workplace sexual harassment.
Contact him now to find out more about how he can help you.
How Is Sexual Harassment Defined?
Sexual harassment is generally defined as unwanted sexual actions, including offensive remarks about a person’s sex, that:
- Create a hostile work environment, or
- Result in an adverse employment-related action (like being wrongfully terminated).
What Constitutes Sexual Harassment?
Workplace sexual harassment can take many forms. The following table outlines the specific forms and provides some examples of workplace sexual harassment.
Verbal (or Digital) Statements
Additionally, workplace sexual harassment can involve:
- Male or female harassers
- Harassment from supervisors (not necessarily direct supervisors), coworkers, clients and others in the workplace
- Harassment occurring in the performance of a service or in professional relationship (such as a doctor-patient situation).
Do I Have a Sexual Harassment Case?
Call or email Marc to find out if you have a sexual harassment case against your employer. He is ready to listen to you and give you free advice regarding your potential case.
In the meantime, however, here are some general, yet important, facts to understand about sexual harassment cases:
- Teasing and minor isolated incidents are not grounds for sexual harassment cases.
- Sexual harassment cases are strong where the harassment is "severe or pervasive," which means a recurring pattern of comments or actions has occurred over a long period of time or the incident involved a physical assault.
- Sexual harassment cases can be even stronger when the harasser has a background of harassing employees and/or the employer has policies that promote sexual harassment in the workplace.
Get More Answers Now: Contact Orange County Sexual Harassment Attorney Marc Phelps
Has someone at your workplace made unwanted sexual advances towards you? Have you had to continually listen to inappropriate, sexually driven jokes?
If you have been subjected to any type of sexual harassment at work, call Orange County Sexual Harassment Attorney Marc Phelps at (949) 629-2533 to learn more about your rights and options for justice. You can also email him and receive his response within 30 minutes.
When you contact Marc, you can get clear answers about your potential case and helpful advice regarding how to move forward. You can also secure his exceptional representation at no cost. He works on contingency because he believes his clients deserve the best representation possible, regardless of their ability to pay. This means that he only gets paid if (or when) you do.
Marc has more than a decade of experience practicing employment law throughout California. With a background in representing employers on the defense side of these cases, Marc brings a keen understanding and powerful insight to his current practice. Marc understands how to best represent his clients, advocate their rights and challenge employers’ defense cases.
His track record attests to this: over the past year alone, he has secured more than $5 million for his clients. Let him put his skills and knowledge to work helping you.
From offices in Newport Beach, Marc provides the highest quality representation and service to people throughout Orange County and the state of California.
1: More information regarding sexual harassment laws, from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)